We began as a men’s Bible Study in May, 2008 with the intent of planting a local New Testament Independent Baptist Church. In November 2008 we began the Chapel phase of our ministry meeting with men, women and children in the Triton Valley Estates Recreation Hall in Derby. In March of 2011 we began to rent the closed down 1st Baptist Church of Evans at 985 Church Road in Evans with the intent to buy it. This 7500 sq. ft. building was rented for over 2 years and then finally purchased in July, 2013 and paid for in full by cash. It has been a perfect home for our growing congregation.
Our church building was built in 1855. The Education annex was added to the back of the building in the 1960’s. Currently the entire building is being renovated. Almost half of the building has been beautifully redone. A 50 seat balcony is being built, new ceiling, lighting, drywall, carpet and the old pews are being replaced by padded chairs. The auditorium will seat 200+ when completed by the end of 2017.
We are planning to become an independent Baptist Church. This transition will probably take place in 2017 – 2018 at which time we hope to hire an Associate/Assistant Pastor to help Pastor Kohl, our current Pastor.